Friday, March 4, 2011

We have to connect.We just have to.


**************************

'Franky and Jhonny' is one of my favourite romantic movies.
The movie is based on a play 'Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune' written by Terrance McNally.
Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer play the lead Roles.


The following is one of my favourite conversations in the movie.
This is for all those who feel trapped inside this body that only bumps into other bodies without connecting.
Please do watch the movie some time and I hope people start connecting more.

*************************

Franky: Why do you want to kill yourself sometimes?
Jhonny: I want to kill myself when I think I'm the only person in the world and that part of me that feels
that I'm trapped inside this body that only bumps into other bodies without connecting to another person
in the world trapped inside of them.
We have to connect.
We just have to.

F: I feel... very...
J: Say it.
F: I don't know what.
J: Say it anyway.
F: Protective.
J: Good. That's very nice.
F: I'm looking for somebody
to take care of me this time.
J: Aren't we all?
F: Why do we keep going from one subject
I don't like to another?
J: What is this?
Suddenly the armour's up?
F: What about your armour?
Besides, I wasn't talking about you.
Not everyone thinks life is a picnic.
Some of us have problems.
Some of us have sorrows.
People like you are so busy telling us what you want
you don't notice the rest of us who aren't exactly singing Yankee Doodle Dandy.
J: Hold it, how we getting into this now?
I've done nothing but notice you.
F: You don't, you smother me.
I'm not giving up everything
for someone I don't know.
I can't repeat the same stupidity.
J: Who says you have to give up
anything? We're talking about love.
F: We're not in love.
That's what you think.
J: I think we are. Just because
you've given up on that possibility,there's no need to drag me down to that level.
F: I think you better leave now.

No comments: